Patient Advice and Support
Welcome to our Patient Advice & Support page. As part of the Quality & Patient Safety Department, our role is to support you in your journey through St. Vincent’s University Hospital (SVUH). We are eager to collect your feedback in order to improve the services of our hospital.
If you have had a negative experience at our hospital, please do not hesitate to tell us. We take your complaint seriously and will make every effort to rectify the situation. We advise you to speak directly with a member of staff at the time who will endeavour to address your concerns.
However, if you feel that you did not receive a satisfactory response to your complaint then the Patient Advice & Support team can advocate on your behalf. There are a number of ways we can be contacted.
- You can speak to us at our phone clinic, for details please call:
01 221 4013 / 01 221 5385 / 01 221 3761
- You can write to us at Patient Advice & Support, Quality & Patient Safety Department, St Vincent’s University Hospital, Elm Park, Dublin 4.
- You can email the details of your complaint to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Patient Advice & Support team will endeavour to reach a resolution to your complaint and we hope that we have been able to resolve your complaint satisfactorily.
However, if you remain unhappy with our response then you can also refer your complaint to the Office of the Ombudsman.
The Ombudsman is fair, independent, and free to use.
The Ombudsman will ask you for details of your complaint and a copy of this letter/email (our final response to your complaint). The best way to contact the Ombudsman is by:
- Clicking on the ‘Make A Complaint’ link at www.ombudsman.ie
- Writing to: Office of the Ombudsman, 6 Earlsfort Terrace, Dublin 2, D02 W773
- Calling the Ombudsman on 01 639 5600 if you have any queries.
Additional patient support is also available via the:
Patient Advocacy Service, Level 3 Rear Unit , Marshalsea Court, Merchant’s Quay, Dublin D08AEY8
Telephone: 0818 293003