Statement and briefing documents on National Maternity Hospital at Elm Park DAC
22nd June 2021
Statement from St. Vincent’s Healthcare Group
St Vincent’s Healthcare Group remains committed to the new National Maternity Hospital at Elm Park and the Mulvey Agreement as the best means of its delivery. We are aware of renewed public controversy since last Thursday and a planned Dáil debate tomorrow. This hospital is long overdue and we are more than willing to meet with the government, should it wish to engage with us.
For the avoidance of doubt:
- The new National Maternity Hospital will be clinically independent.
- There will be no religious or Vatican influence.
- All medical procedures, in accordance with the laws of the land, are available in SVHG hospitals, including pregnancy termination, tubal ligation and gender reassignment procedures.
- The state’s interests are protected through the Minister of Health’s ‘Golden Share’, detailed legal agreements and HSE service level agreements.
- For the delivery of integrated patient care on the Elm Park Campus, SVHG must retain ownership of the site.
Please find attached more detailed information on these five points.
In the interest of transparency, we have also published all correspondence between SVHG and the Department of Health between May 2017 and July 2017. In response to public comment at the time on the issue of land ownership, SVHG proactively dealt with this issue first with the Department of Health in correspondence on 29 May 2017. The views of the hospital on this matter were understood and accepted by the Department and a lease option on the land accepted. This is the basis of the Mulvey Agreement and, reports over the last few days notwithstanding, the basis of what we clearly understood to be government policy.
View briefing paper on National Maternity Hospital at Elm Park DAC
View letters of correspondence between DOH and SVHG May 2017
View constitution of St. Vincent’s Healthcare Group once RSC share transfer takes place.
View constitution of St. Vincent’s Holdings CLG once RSC share transfer takes place.
View Mulvey Report
Patient and Visitor Handbook
Our handbook contains all the important information you need when visiting our hospital whether you are a patient or a visitor.
- Travelling to and from the hospital
- Elective admission information
- Emergency Department attendance
- Patient safety information
- Information on what we will do to get you home
- Data protection
- Security information
- Infection control policy
- No smoking policy
- Visiting arrangements
- Daffodil Centre
- St. Vincent’s Foundation