Visiting in St. Vincent’s University Hospital is managed at this time in line with national guidelines, to reduce the risk of COVID-19 to patients and visitors. Please continue to check this website for any changes.
- All visits must be arranged in advance with the Clinical Nurse Manager (CNM) of the ward.
- Patients may receive 4 visits each week.
- Only 1 person may attend each visit.
- If the visitor requires assistance they may be accompanied by another person.
- People who have recently arrived in Ireland should comply with government advice on restricted movement/quarantine.
- As a limited number of visitors can be in each ward at one time, it may not be possible to facilitate visitors at a specific time or date.
- Children under 12 years should only visit in exceptional circumstances and permission to visit needs to be given by the nurse manager.
- If permission is granted for a visit, the visitor’s name and contact details will be placed on the list held by security beside the main reception of the hospital. The visiting list is updated daily.
- If a person’s name is not on the list, they may not visit.
Ward visiting times
- Daytime: 14.00 – 16.00
- Evening: 18.30 – 20.30
See Emergency Department for visiting times.
The best time to phone the wards is between 10.00 – 12.00 and 14.00 – 17.00.
St. Vincent’s University Hospital does not accept responsibility for patient property and we recommend that patients pass all unnecessary cash, jewellery and clothing for safekeeping to their next of kin – as soon as possible following admission. Property retained by patients remains entirely the responsibility of the patient and the hospital shall not be liable for any loss or damage however caused.
Infection control policy
One of the most important ways of reducing transmission of infection from person to person is by good hand hygiene. Visitors to the hospital should use the alcohol gels available throughout the hospital to clean their hands before and after visiting patients and patients are reminded to clean their hands regularly, particulary before eating. Hand hygiene information leaflets for patients and visitors are available throughout the hospital.
No smoking policy
St. Vincent’s University Hospital promotes a completely smoke-free environment throughout the hospital. In the interest of patients, staff and visitors, smoking is not permitted either inside the hospital or on the hospital grounds.