Visiting in St. Vincent’s University Hospital is strictly restricted at this time in line with national guidelines. The incidence of COVID-19 in the Community poses a risk to the health and safety of the patients and staff of St. Vincent’s University Hospital.
Visiting is strictly by appointment only and must be pre booked.
Monday to Friday (excl. Bank Holidays)
08.00 to 12.00
087 7886086 or 087 7099516
Permission to visit
At booking stage the visitor’s name and contact details will be placed on the list held by security, the visiting list is updated daily and if a person’s name is not on the list, they cannot visit. Once the visit is over, the visitor’s name is removed.
If they wish to organise another visit, they must go through the same procedure. Please note the names and contact details of all visitors will be held for a period of 14 days. This is for contact tracing purposes, should they be required by Public Health.
A patient can only receive a visitor in exceptional circumstances (outside of the booking systems) such as patients in critical care, vulnerable young adults, psychiatric patients and loved ones who are receiving end of end of life care. If this is the case, the person wishing to visit must contact the Clinical Nurse Manager (CNM) of the ward/unit to arrange.
How do I arrange a visit?
- Visiting is strictly by appointment only and must be pre-booked by the Ward
- Please note that if a person’s name is not on the list, they may not visit
- Pre-visiting questionnaire must be completed and given to security on arrival
- Please note that as a limited number of visitors can be in each ward at one time, it may not be possible to facilitate visitors at a specific time or date.
Are there any regulations I need to follow when visiting?
- Patients may receive two visits each week
- Only 1 person may attend each visit
- Maximum visiting duration is 30 minutes
- People who have recently arrived in Ireland should comply with government advice on restricted movement/quarantine
- All children Under the age of 16 years should be accompanied by an adult and not left unsupervised.
Ward visiting times
- Daytime: 14.00 – 16.00
- Evening: 18.30 – 20.30
See Emergency Department for visiting times.
The best time to phone the wards is between 10.00 – 12.00 and 14.00 – 17.00.
St. Vincent’s University Hospital does not accept responsibility for patient property and we recommend that patients pass all unnecessary cash, jewellery and clothing for safekeeping to their next of kin – as soon as possible following admission. Property retained by patients remains entirely the responsibility of the patient and the hospital shall not be liable for any loss or damage however caused.
Infection control policy
One of the most important ways of reducing transmission of infection from person to person is by good hand hygiene. Visitors to the hospital should use the alcohol gels available throughout the hospital to clean their hands before and after visiting patients and patients are reminded to clean their hands regularly, particulary before eating. Hand hygiene information leaflets for patients and visitors are available throughout the hospital.
No smoking policy
St. Vincent’s University Hospital promotes a completely smoke-free environment throughout the hospital. In the interest of patients, staff and visitors, smoking is not permitted either inside the hospital or on the hospital grounds.