Chaplaincy and Pastoral Care Services
The Chaplaincy and Pastoral Care Service is a multi-denominational team of chaplains providing spiritual and emotional support as an integral part of total patient care.
The chaplains can provide pastoral care for all patients and respect the right of every person to accept or decline this offer. We provide support for patients, their families and staff by being a listener, a comforter, an advocate, a companion and a resource. We liaise with ministers, from other Christian traditions and leaders/representatives from other faiths.
The chaplain on duty will always endeavour to make the necessary arrangements if any of our patients require a visit from a member of their denomination or faith tradition.
- Mondays, Tuesdays, Thurdays, Fridays and Sundays: 11.00am.
Masses are now available on our online streaming service at: https://www.churchservices.tv/stvhospitaldublin
When no Priest is available, the Chaplain on duty will provide a Holy Communion service.
- Holy Communion is available to our patients on request by contacting Chaplaincy. Please inform a nursing member of staff who can request this for you.
- Patients wishing to take the sacrament of confession and the sacrament of the sick may request this through the hospital’s nursing staff.
Remembrance services are held to acknowledge and remember patients and staff who have died in the previous year.
The chaplaincy team
- Liz Guerin (Co-ordinator): 01 221 5109
- Caoimhe Hurley
- Emer O’ Leary
- Liam Cuffe
- Matthew Murphy
- Fr Damian O’Reilly
- Hilda Plant (Church of Ireland)
- Susan Dawson, Presbyterian Church (to be contacted by Chaplaincy Team)
The chaplaincy team can be contacted on 01 211 4325
tel: (01) 221 4325
Ground Floor – Nutley Wing
St. Vincent’s University Hospital
See time of the pastoral drop-in service on the door of the chaplain’s offices.