The Department of Clinical Audit provides support to the three hospitals of St. Vincent’s Healthcare Group: St. Vincent’s University Hospital, St. Vincent’s Private Hospital and St. Michael’s Hospital.
Clinical audit is the systematic review and evaluation of current practice against research-based standards and its key aim is to stimulate and facilitate clinical staff in conducting audits of their practice. Clinical audit supports and directs continuous quality improvement as well as playing an important role in advancing patient care standards.
Audit projects can be carried out at any one time – some at national level, others across the hospitals in the Group and many within specific departments and specialties.
- Advising and educating staff on audit design and process
- Identifying existing sources of information, literature and electronic information systems on individual projects and on audit in general
- Facilitating the reporting of clinical audits to the clinical audit committee for St. Vincent’s Healthcare Group
- Reporting to the St.Vincent’s Healthcare Group Governance Committee
Other useful contact details
- St. Vincent’s Healthcare Group Head of Clinical Audit – Ian Callanan
- tel: (01) 221 3426
- email: email@example.com
- Clinical Audit Executive – Nora Ellard
- tel: (01) 221 3329
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
tel: (01) 221 3329
Old Convent Building
St. Vincent’s University Hospital
Mon to Fri 07:00 – 17:00