The Charles Centre Department of Dermatology diagnoses and treats skin cancers (including melanoma and non-melanoma skin cancer) as well as inflammatory diseases such as eczema, psoriasis, infections and skin cancer.
We run a number of different clinics including one-stop skin cancer clinics where patients are assessed and operated on the same day, clinics treating chronic inflammatory disease, general assessment clinics, a hidradenitis suppurativa clinic and a specialised female dermatology clinic treating genital dermatological conditions.
Please note that GPs should refer patients with suspicious pigmented lesions promptly with the National Cancer Control Programme (NCCP) Pigmented Lesion GP referral form
- Outpatients clinics
- In-patient consult service
- Cutaneous surgery
- Photodynamic therapy
- Cutaneous allergy investigations (patch testing)
- Nurse specialist clinics
- Nurse treatment clinics
Named after the founder of The City of Dublin, Skin and Cancer Hospital, Dr. Andrew Charles, the Charles Centre for Dermatology relocated to St.Vincent’s University Hospital in 2006. Most clinics take place at our campus at Elm Park although we also run a general dermatology service in St. Michael’s Hospital, Dun Laoghaire.
Useful contact details
- OPD Clinic enquiry
- tel: (01) 221 4189/3264
- Nurse treatment helpline
- tel: (01) 221 4895
- CNS clinic
- tel: (01) 221 3687
- tel: (01) 221 3688
- Clinical Nurse Manager
- tel: (01) 221 3269
- Clinical Nurse Specialist
- tel: (01) 221 3257
We accept consultant and GP referrals to our outpatient department.
- All patients must have a referral letter from their doctor (GP or hospital consultant) in order to be given an appointment
- Large numbers of referrals are received by the department every day and appointments are allocated according to clinical need.
- Non-attendance at appointments may result in discharge from the department.
- GPs must submit referrals electronically using Healthlink
Please note that GPs should familiarise themselves with the National Melanoma GP Referral Guidelines and report patients with suspicious pigmented lesions promptly with the National Cancer Control Programme (NCCP) Pigmented Lesion GP referral form.
tel: (01) 221 4189
fax: (01) 221 3717
Charles Centre of Dermatology
St. Vincent’s University Hospital
Mon to Fri: 08:00 – 17:00