The Department of Infectious Diseases specialises in the management of acute and chronic infections.
Established in 2014, the department has a busy Outpatient Parenteral Antimicrobial Therapy (OPAT) service, a dedicated infectious diseases clinic and a viral hepatitis clinic in conjunction with the St.Vincent’s University Hospital hepatology service. The department is also involved in research and postgraduate training.
- Viral hepatitis, including hepatitis B and C virus infection
- Bone and soft tissue infections
- Outpatient Parenteral Antimicrobial Therapy (OPAT)
- Human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infection
- Sexually transmitted infections
- Infections in organ transplant recipients
- Infections in the returning traveller
- Recurrent infections and immunodeficiency
- Infectious Diseases (ID) Clinic
- Outpatient Parenteral Antimicrobial Therapy (OPAT) Clinic
- Viral Hepatitis Clinic
We accept consultant and GP referrals to our outpatient department. Please address referrals to Department of Infectious Diseases, St. Vincent’s University Hospital, Elm Park, Dublin 4.
tel: (01) 2213363
fax: (01) 2213331
Clinical Services Building
St. Vincent’s University Hospital
Mon to Fri: 08.30 – 17.00