Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
The ICT Department is responsible for developing and implementing new technologies as well as supporting existing systems and ICT services for the benefit of both our patients and staff. The department is divided into a number of functional areas, namely: project management, service support, systems management and telephony.
- Project management
- The project management team is responsible for the implementation and maintenance of new and current ICT projects within the hospital. This includes scheduling upgrades and the addition of new interfaces to hospital systems whilst making sure new systems are compatible with current/future ICT strategy and current projects or applications.
- Service support
- Our service support team’s key aim is to support and develop core infrastructure, provide a helpdesk facility for our users and 24/7 cover for our core systems.
- Systems management
- The systems management team is responsible for backend databases, systems integration and reporting. One of its key functions is to oversee the data governance for the hospital including; data quality and data management.
- Our telephony division is responsible for the telephony switch service and supporting telephony infrastructure.
- Deliver innovative clinical and business support solutions
- Minimise patient risk by focusing on quality and patient safety
- Support engagement with the health community, including:
- the hospital groups
- community care
- other health agencies
- Maintain operations infrastructure
- Increase systems integration
- Replace legacy systems
Other useful contact details
- Director of ICT – Dermot Cullinan
- tel:(01) 221 3618
- Head of Projects – Larry Ryan
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- tel:(01) 221 4185
- Head of Systems Management – Reno Jacob
- tel:(01) 221 4162
- ICT Services Manager – Paul Birmingham
- tel:(01) 221 3096
- tel:(01) 221 4401
- Data Protection Queries
- tel:(01) 221 3591
tel: (01) 221 4401
St Rita’s Building
St Vincent’s University Hospital
Mon to Fri: 08.00 – 17.00
We operate an on-call service on Saturday and Sunday.