Neuro Endocrine Tumours-ENETS Centre of Excellence (National Centre)
The National Centre for Neuroendocrine Tumour (NET) was established in St. Vincent’s University Hospital in 2013 to provide the highest standard of care and expertise to patients with Neuroendocrine Tumours (NET). We have been designated as the national centre for NET by the National Cancer Control Programme (NCCP).
The NET group consists of a dynamic multidisciplinary team of physicians, surgeons, radiologists, pathologists, nursing and administrative staff to enhance patient care. Currently, we receive 10-15 new referrals per month from across Ireland and cases are discussed in our NET multidisciplinary team (MDT) meeting. The NET MDT meetings are held every two weeks and we have a NET outpatient clinic every Friday morning.
We are actively involved in both basic and clinical research to improve outcomes for patients with NET. Some of our research is conducted in collaboration with other clinicians and research staff abroad.
We have been specialising in digestive NETs but also provide expertise in pulmonary (lung) NETs, tumours of the adrenal gland and paragangliomas.
- Endoscopy and endoscopic ultrasound
- Genetic screening for MEN-1
- Hepatobiliary pancreatic surgery
- Endocrine surgery
- Diagnostic radiology
- Nuclear imaging studies – Octreotide scan, MIBG
- Interventional radiology – namely, transarterial chemoembolisation, selective internal radiation therapy, microwave and radiofrequency ablation
- Prof. Dermot O'Toole
- Prof. Donal O'Shea
- Dr. Rachel Crowley
- Mr. Justin Geoghegan
- Prof. Kevin Conlon
- Ms. Ruth Prichard
- Dr. David Fennelly
- Dr. Niall Swan
- Prof. Kieran Sheahan
- Dr. Stephen Skehan
- Dr. Conor Collins
- Dr. Colin Cantwell
Other useful contact details
- Ms. Geri Daly – Secretary, National Centre for NET
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- fax: (01) 221 4981
- Ms. Lisa Cullen – NET Clinical Nurse Specialist – National Centre for NET
- email: email@example.com
- fax: (01) 221 4981
- Ms. Jenni Cross – NET MDT Coordinator
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- fax: (01) 2213407
For all referrals by healthcare professionals, please email or fax to either: email@example.com or phone (01) 221 4981.
tel: (01) 221 4407
fax: (01) 221 4981
Clinical Services Building
St. Vincent’s University Hospital
Mon to Thu: 09.00 – 17.00.
Our NET clinic is on Fri: 09.00 – 13.00