The Department of Nephrology provides compassionate, state-of-the-art care to patients with kidney disease. Our multidisciplinary team delivers an individualised and holistic approach to patient care at all stages of treatment from early Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD) education through to transplantation.
National centre for kidney-pancreas transplantation in Ireland
St. Vincent’s University Hospital is the national centre for kidney-pancreas transplantation in Ireland. Our division has developed an innovative and integrated approach to delivery of clinical services in partnership with our affiliated hospitals across the Ireland East region. We provide a virtual and real-time consultation service to primary care via online media. Through the Dublin Academic Medical Centre and in collaboration with our research partners at the Conway Institute in UCD, we have designed a clinical career pathway that fosters excellence in education and research from undergraduate to postgraduate level.
- Chronic Kidney Disease
- Transplantation (national centre for kidney-pancreas transplantation)
- Home therapies
- Sub-specialty clinical assessment in the areas of obstetric nephrology, kidney stone disease, vasculitis and diabetic nephropathy
Other useful contact details
- Principal Clinical Engineer – Mr Frank Kelly
- email: email@example.com
- tel: (01) 221 3043
- fax: (01) 221 4075
- Clinical Nurse Manager 1 – Ms Carolann Flynn
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- tel: (01) 221 4427
- fax: (01) 221 4184
- Clinical Nurse Manager 2 – Ms Michelle McQuaid
- email: email@example.com
- tel: (01) 221 3086
- fax: (01) 221 4136
- Clinical Nurse Specialist – Ms Emer Kenny
- tel: (01) 221 3519
- Clinical Nurse Specialist – Ms Juby Thomas
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- tel: (01) 221 4553
Outpatient referrals can be made via phone, fax, letter or email to the division secretary. A consultant-led interactive forum to discuss individual cases with primary care is available using zoom web/video conferencing by arrangement.
tel: (01) 221 4493
fax: (01) 221 4136
St. Vincent’s University Hospital
The on-site dialysis units are also located on the Ground and 4th floors of the hospital
The satellite unit, our off-site outpatients dialysis unit, is located in the Beacon South Quarter, Sandyford.
Mon to Sat: 07:30 – 20:30