The Department of Neurology provides both inpatient and outpatient care to people with neurological conditions.
We run 16 outpatient clinics per week which include general neurology clinics and specialist clinics in MS, Parkinson’s, migraine and dystonia. We also run a migraine clinic in association with the Migraine Association of Ireland.
The Department functions as the first group practice in neurology in Ireland. People referred to the service will be reviewed by one of the consultants or neurology team in order to facilitate shorter waiting times, improve access and speed up the referral process.
We are involved in a number of clinical research initiatives including the development of a web-based electronic referral system termed ‘Neurolink’ – which expedites neurology service delivery to other teams in the hospital, particularly the Emergency Department (ED) and in St. John’s Acute Medical Unit (AMU).
- Cognitive Disorder Clinic
- Dystonia Clinic
- Migraine Clinic
- MS Clinic
- Neurology New Patient Clinic
- Parkinson’s Disease Clinic
- Neurology Review Clinic
Other useful contact details
- Departmental Enquiries- Ms Louise McCague
- tel: (01) 221 4209
- fax: (01) 221 3516
- Outpatient Enquiries and Referral – Ms Jackie Sheridan
- tel: (01) 221 3830
- fax: (01) 221 3842
- St Vincent’s Ward – Inpatient Enquiries
- tel: (01) 221 4569
- fax: (01) 221 4755
- Dystonia Research Enquiries – Dr Eavan McGovern
- tel: (01) 221 4033
- fax: (01) 221 3506
- Parkinson’s Nurse Specialist – Parkinson’s Clinical Enquiries – Ms Siobhán Ryan
- Days to contact the nurse: Monday – Thursday
- tel: (01) 221 4030 (please leave a message)
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Epilepsy Nurse Specialist – Ms Cora Flynn
- tel: (01) 221 3292
- Clinical Nurse Specialist / Multiple Sclerosis Enquiries
- email: email@example.com
- tel: (01) 221 6995
- fax: (01) 221 3506
- tel clinic: (01) 221 4850 (Tue & Thu 09:30 – 11:30 only)
tel: (01) 221 4209 /4179
fax: (01) 221 3516
Clinical Services Building
St. Vincent’s University Hospital
Mon to Fri: 08:00 – 16:30.
Outside office hours: Please attend your GP.
Emergency: Please attend your GP or Emergency Department.