The Department of Ophthalmology assesses and treats medical and surgical eye conditions.
Education forms an important part of our remit and we are involved in teaching nursing staff as well as UCD undergraduate medical students. We are also recognised by the Irish College of Ophthalmologists for our surgical training. We also have on-going involvement in the European Cataract Outcome Study which provides participating units and surgeons with a benchmark for good practice in cataract surgery.
- Day case surgery
- Medical retina clinics
- General Ophthalmology Outpatient Department (OPD)
- Glaucoma clinics and visual field testing
- Retinal laser treatment for diabetic eye disease
- Yttrium Aluminium Garnet (YAG) laser treatment post cataract surgery
- Argon laser therapy
- Intravitreal injection
- Retinal photography, Fluorescein Angiography (FFA) and OCT are available
- Moji Oshodi (Glaucoma)
- Susan Kelly (Medical retina, diabetic eye disease and AMD)
- Aideen Hogan (Medical retina, diabetic eye disease and AMD)
We accept referrals from GPs, medical eye specialists, optometrists and consulting clinicians
tel: (01) 221 4359
fax: (01) 221 4907
St. Vincent’s University Hospital
Mon to Thu: 07.30 – 17.00
Friday: 07.30 – 16.00
Our patients should contact Royal Victoria Eye and Ear Hospital eye casualty outside of these opening hours if they have any concerns or problems following treatment.