The Department of Orthopaedics provides comprehensive orthopaedic and trauma care to patients in St. Vincent’s University Hospital, St. Michael’s and St. Columcille’s hospitals.
The department is a modern state of the art unit providing a full range of orthopaedic sub specialities including trauma orthopaedics, sports injuries, joint replacement, upper limb, foot and ankle and spine.
We are the national centre for bone and soft tissue tumours and also provide treatment through a specialist musculoskeletal physiotherapy clinic.
- Specialist clinics for trauma, upper limb, hip, knee, back, foot and ankle
- Emergency on-call services for trauma patients
- Diagnosis and treatment of conditions, diseases and disorders of the musculoskeletal system
- General Orthopaedic Clinic
- New Patient Clinic
- Orthopaedic Musculoskeletal Assessment Clinic
- Trauma Clinic
We accept referrals from GPs, consultants, the Emergency Department, Healthlink and from other hospitals.
tel: (01) 221 4779
fax: (01) 221 4170
Orthopaedic Plaster Room (Plaster/ Splints/ Brace-Related Enquiries)
tel: (01) 221 3780/4000
Other Orthopaedic Related Enquiries
tel: (01) 221 4000
Bone And Joint Unit
Clinical Services Building
St. Vincent’s University Hospital
Mon to Fri: 08:00 – 17.00