The Department of Physiotherapy provides services that develop, maintain and restore people’s maximum movement and functional ability.
Physiotherapy can help people at any stage of life when movement and function are compromised by ageing, injury, diseases, disorders, conditions or environmental factors – taking account of physical, psychological, emotional and social wellbeing. We work in the health spheres of promotion, prevention, treatment/intervention and rehabilitation.
- Cardio-respiratory: medical, surgical, ITU, HDU, cystic fibrosis, cardiology, COPD outreach
- Rehabilitation: elderly care and neurology
- Musculoskeletal care: orthopaedics, rheumatology, hand therapy, lymphoedema, pelvic floor rehabilitation, staff occupational health physiotherapy
The Department of Physiotherapy is located on the ground floor of the Clinical Services Building. Satellite physiotherapy areas also exist in Our Lady’s Ward, cardiac rehabilitation, the allied therapy suite, St. Christopher’s Ward, St Laurence’s Ward, the day hospital and the bone and joint clinic.
Other useful contact details
- Main physiotherapy reception
- tel:(01) 221 4467
- Reception for hand therapy, rheumatology, pelvic floor therapy, pain management
- tel:(01) 221 4864
- Inpatient ward base (medical/ surgical)
- tel:(01) 221 4035
- Cystic fibrosis
- tel:(01) 221 3342
- Cardiology/cardiac rehab
- tel:(01) 221 4812
- Inpatient rehabilitation base
- tel:(01) 221 4491
- Orthopaedic inpatients
- tel:(01) 221 4097
- Orthopaedic outpatients (upstairs)
- tel:(01) 221 4447
- Orthopaedic outpatients (downstairs)
- tel:(01) 221 4354
- Rheumatology/pelvic floor/ lymphoedema
- tel:(01) 221 4776
- Hand therapy
- tel:(01) 221 3643
- Staff occupational health physiotherapy
- tel:(01) 221 4287
- Physiotherapy managers
- tel:(01) 221 4592/3235
We accept inpatient referrals from a patients’ medical team and outpatient referrals from the consultant’s clinic or Emergency Department.
- Irish Society of Chartered Physiotherapists
- World Confederation of Chartered Physiotherapists
- HSE Local Health Offices
- HSE Health Service Locator Map
Websites for specific conditions:
Many conditions have their own support society and/or website. These can be accessed by doing a web search of the condition name or by talking to your therapist – who may also be able to advise you.
tel: (01) 221 4467
St. Vincent’s University Hospital
Mon to Fri: 08.00 to 16.30
Out-of-hours emergency service can be accessed by the registrar or consultant between 16.30 – 08.30.