The Department of Vascular Surgery offers the full range of vascular and endovascular services for all arterial and venous conditions. There is also a vascular laboratory which provides non-invasive vascular measurement services including: Ankle Brachial Index (ABI) test, toe pressure, TcPO2 and duplex scanning.
The department is the regional referral centre for the South-East of Dublin and the counties of Wicklow, Wexford, Carlow and Kilkenny.
- Carotid artery disease
- Aneurysmal disease (including endovascular treatment)
- Acute, chronic and critical ischaemia of the leg (open and endovascular)
- Diabetic foot disease
- Varicose veins (managed by surgery, endoluminal thermal and mechano-chemical ablation – including laser/radiofrequency and ‘Clarivein™’)
- Venous ulcer disease
- Deep vein occlusion/incompetence
- Thoracic outlet syndrome
- Raynaud’s disease
- Renal access
- Arteriovenous malformations
The team also includes two specialist registrars, two registrars and two interns, as well as two vascular physiologists who perform non-invasive measurement in the vascular laboratory.
A vascular clinical nurse specialist oversees the follow-up of patients with vascular conditions as well as counselling of patients, both before and after operations.
- Ability Matters Clinic
- Compression Clinic
- Diabetic Foot Ulcer Clinic
- Ulcer Dressing Clinic
- Vascular Surgery Clinic
Other useful contact details
- Secretary/ Vascular Team- Catherine Reynolds
- tel:(01) 221 3709
- fax:(01) 221 3331
- Secretary / ABI Clinic- Trish Garvey
- tel:(01) 221 3363
- fax:(01) 221 3331
We accept consultant and GP referrals to our outpatient department and to the Emergency Department out of hours.
Useful links for patients
The following are links to good quality information on some of the conditions we treat. As they are not produced or maintained by this department we cannot be responsible for the information they contain.
- Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm (AAA)
- AAA – the operation
- AAA – Endovascular Repair (EVAR)
- Angioplasty / Stent
- Carotid Artery Disease
- Carotid Endarterectomy
- Lower Limb Bypass Surgery
- Intermittent Claudication (Leg Pain when Walking)
- Peripheral Arterial Disease (PAD)
- Raynauds and Systemic Sclerosis
- Varicose Veins
- Varicose Veins – The Operation
- Varicose veins-endovenous treatment
- Vascular Disease and Diabetes
tel: (01) 221 3709
fax: (01) 221 3331
Clinical Services Building
St. Vincent’s University Hospital
Mon to Fri: 08.30 – 17.00