Calling all Nursing Graduates
What does our New Graduate mentorship programme mean for you?
- Once you are accepted you will be given a permanent contract
- You will gain valuable experience in a level four territory hospital with multiple specialties including transplant
- You will have significant opportunities to progress in your career
- Throughout the programme you will be encouraged to keep learning and be supported every step of the way
- Our mentorship programme which we have run for many years, is aimed at nurses who are newly qualified and wish to gain experience in an acute, fast-paced clinical environment where exceptional patient care and patient outcomes are our priority,
- Members of our Nursing team including our Advanced Nurse Practitioners, Clinical Facilitators, Clinical Nurse Specialists and Nurse Managers offer great support as they mentor the new graduates to gain competency in many clinical skills.
- Nurses who successfully completed this programme, play an integral role in our Nursing Team as they continue to build on their nursing knowledge, expertise and career.
- Commencing November 2022
- Permanent contract
- After 16 weeks of obtaining NMBI pin eligible to move to point 3 of staff nurse salary scale
- After 12 months you are eligible to take up an enhanced nursing contract
- Opportunity to rotate placements
Department specialties in SVUH
|Medical Directorate||Surgical Wards|
|Acute Medical Unit||St Anne’s||St James’||St Brigid’s|
|Our Lady’s||St Anne’s Day care||St Laurence’s||St Charles’|
|St Agnes’||Emergency Department||Acute Orthopaedic Unit||St Helen’s|
|St Andrews||Coronary Care Unit/ Cat lab||St Luke’s 1||St Joseph’s|
|St Christopher’s||Caritas/Transitional Care Unit||St Luke’s 2||St Raphaels|
|St Lucy’s||St Paul’s||St Mark’s|
|St Monica’s||St Vincent’s||Acute Surgical Unit|
|St Patrick’s||St Michael’s|
Education programme includes
- Orientation programme specifically designed to meet the needs of a New Graduate Nurse.
- Meeting the nursing team and receiving support from top level
We have our own Nurse Education Centre which delivers a number of national programmes open to all nurses within the relevant clinical area.
We have a number of specialty nursing pathways within St Vincent’s University Hospital which include ED, MOU-St Patricks, Stroke services, CCU & Oncology.
This year we have kept a number of places available for new graduate’s direct entry to
We also have a wide variety of Clinical Professional Development programmes which are supported by our Nurse Practice Development team for all our nursing staff including New Graduates.
- BSc in Nursing
- Eligibility for full registration in the General Division of the Register of Nurses as maintained by NMBI
- Completed an internship in an Acute Level 4 Hospital
29th November 2023
St. Vincent’s UCD Cancer Centre official launch event
On 28 November 2023, St. Vincent’s Healthcare Group and UCD School of Medicine launched the St. Vincent’s UCD Cancer Centre in the Kevin Barry Gallery, Charles Institute, UCD. The St. Vincent’s UCD Cancer Centre marks a collaborative effort between St. Vincent’s Healthcare Group and University College Dublin. The primary objective of this joint venture is to seamlessly […]
23rd November 2023
Important update for SVUH amid city disruptions
Amid city disruptions, SVUH assures patients and staff that all services will run as usual tomorrow, Friday, November 24th. We appreciate your patience and cooperation in this fluid situation. For smooth operations, staff and visitors, please stay updated on public transport. SVUH staff facing commuting issues, please contact your line manager for support. Our thoughts […]
20th November 2023
St. Vincent’s University Hospital Launches Hospital Watch Initiative
St. Vincent’s University Hospital (SVUH) is delighted to announce the official launch of Hospital Watch, a pioneering initiative aimed at preventing crime within the hospital setting. The programme operates in partnership with An Garda Síochána, the Health Service Executive (HSE), and all stakeholders, including dedicated staff, patients, and visitors. Similar to the successful Neighbourhood Watch […]
Patient and Visitor Handbook
Our handbook contains all the important information you need when visiting our hospital whether you are a patient or a visitor.
- Travelling to and from the hospital
- Elective admission information
- Emergency Department attendance
- Patient safety information
- Information on what we will do to get you home
- Data protection
- Security information
- Infection control policy
- No smoking policy
- Visiting arrangements
- Daffodil Centre
- St. Vincent’s Foundation