St. Vincent’s University Hospital Wins Two Awards at the Hospital Professional Awards 2018
18th June 2018
On the 9th June 2018, St. Vincent’s University Hospital (SVUH) were successful in winning two categories at the prestigious Hospital Professional Awards which took place at the Clayton Hotel Burlington Road.
SVUH were finalists in five categories and went on to receive the following awards;
- Excellence in Patient Safety Award 2018 – for the biennial SVUH Medication Safety Seminar started by the Pharmacy Department over a decade ago, with support from the Clinical Audit Department and the SVUH Drugs and Therapeutics Committee. The seminar showcases initiatives undertaken locally, nationally and internationally to enhance medication safety, and provides forum to learn and share information to reduces risks associated with medication.
- Infectious Diseases Project of the Year 2018 – Project to develop measures to effectively restrict the use of meropenem prescriptions and to enable meropenem prescriptions to be easily tracked and audited.
The Pharmacy Department team at SVUH provides a wide range of pharmacy services across a number of specialties. These services include; dispensary, aseptic compounding, clinical pharmacy, education and formulary, medication safety and medicines information. The team comprises pharmacists, pharmacy technicians, pharmacy aides, porters and administrative support.
Patient and Visitor Handbook
Our handbook contains all the important information you need when visiting our hospital whether you are a patient or a visitor.
- Travelling to and from the hospital
- Elective admission information
- Emergency Department attendance
- Patient safety information
- Information on what we will do to get you home
- Data protection
- Security information
- Infection control policy
- No smoking policy
- Visiting arrangements
- Daffodil Centre
- St. Vincent’s Foundation