Outpatient Appointments, Relative Support Service and Patient Property Drop Off
All ADCC outpatients clinics at St. Vincent’s University Hospital have resumed normal service.
As we are monitoring the situation on a daily basis please ensure you check this website for any updates.
The Symptomatic Breast Service has started to incrementally resume activity
Radiology Out Patient appointments are continuing with restrictions:
- If you are to attend for your appointment, you will be contacted by phone/letter or receive a text reminder.
- If you are not to attend for your appointment, you will receive a text message.
If you think you have been exposed to COVID-19, have been in an affected area or have a fever or cough, DO NOT attend
Children are not permitted in the hospital at this time
Relative Support Service
The Medical Social Work (MSW) team is providing support to current inpatients and their relatives who have been affected by COVID-19 visiting restrictions. Our aim is to provide a patient-centred service focusing on the emotional and social impact of COVID-19.
Call our support line: 01 – 221 5045 six days a week
We’re open Monday – Friday 10am to 6pm and Saturday 10am to 4pm
Our main goal is to make it easier for you to communicate with patients who are in isolation. We can;
- Connect patients, families and medical teams via FaceTime of WhatsApp video call
- Provide advice and support
- Support relatives who are anxious about discharge home
- Offer emotional support to patients and families focusing on grief and loss
What infection control procedures should I follow in the hospital?
Any visitors who have permission to visit should adhere to the following infection control guidelines:
- wash your hands thoroughly before arriving at the hospital
- use the hand hygiene gels at the entrance to the hospital and throughout the hospital
- cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough and sneeze and put used tissues into a bin
- wash your hands thoroughly before leaving the hospital
Coronavirus (COVID – 19)
If you feel you are experiencing symptoms of coronavirus (COVID – 19) including cough, shortness of breath, breathing difficulties and a high temperature, please do not visit St. Vincent’s University Hospital. It is important that you contact your GP by telephone for medical advice.
For more information on coronavirus (COVID-19) please see the HSE website here or call the HSE helpline on 1850 241850.