Skip to main content
Post Emergency Department Clinics
- The Concussion Clinic is for patients who have attended the Emergency Department with a concussion and who require an appointment for a review, usually about 2 weeks after their injury
- The Clinic is held every week for patients who have suffered a sports or exercise related concussion
- GPs may also refer patients with sports and exercise-related concussion to the Clinic by sending a referral letter to Prof. John Ryan in the Emergency Department.
- Visit our Clinic pages for Concussion Clinic times and location
ED Review Clinic
- The ED Review Clinic is for patients with injuries/illnesses, who have already received treatment in the Emergency Department but who require a repeat X-Ray or clinical review within a pre-determined period of time.
- Patients attending the Clinic should go to the Emergency Department reception with their appointment card where they will be registered and directed to the Fast Track area
- Patients should check their appointment card carefully before arriving at the hospital in case they have been referred to one of our other outpatients’ clinics eg. Fracture Clinic, Hand Clinic, ENT Clinic
- Please note if a patient’s symptoms have resolved themselves before their clinic appointment there is no need for them to attend and they should call (01) 2213817 to cancel or reschedule their appointment.
- Visit our Clinic pages for ED Review times and location