The Research Ethics Committee (REC) of St. Vincent’s Healthcare Group (SVHG) is a recognised Ethics Committee, tasked with the review and consideration of clinical trials nationally, and research projects which are proposed to take place in any one of the group hospitals. In addition, the REC will consider and provide ethical opinion for research studies for Our Lady’s Hospice, Harold’s Cross; Blackrock Hospice and St. Columcille’s Hospital, Loughlinstown.
This Committee operates and is constituted in compliance with the European Communities (Clinical Trials on Medicinal Products for Human Use) Regulations 2004 & ICH GCP guidelines.
Studies requiring Ethics approval must be submitted by email and by way of advance application to the REC.
Research Study documentation suite: * denotes mandatory document
- Standard REC Application Form
- SVHG Research Study Registration Form *
- Sweetheart Sample Study REC Application Form
- PIL combined with Data Confidentiality Agreement *
- Data Confidentiality Agreement – PIL Addendum
- Research Study Information & Assent
- Procedure Form Radiological Component of Research Project Assessment
- Amendment Notification Form
- Clinical Trial Indemnity Form
- Research Study Checklist Declaration Signatory
- PIL and GDPR Form
It is the responsibility of the Principal Investigator to ensure their study is compliant with all applicable legislation. All approved study documentation must be retained by the Principal Investigator/ Study Team for review and audit purposes.
All Studies requiring Ethics approval must be submitted by email only, by way of advance application to the REC.
For Ethics Committee meeting schedule and further information, please contact Ethics Department.
Research Ethics Department:
- Ethics Department;
- Ms. Justyna Wardell, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- Tel: 01-2214117
- Ms. Sue Canny, Email:firstname.lastname@example.org
Research Ethics Committee:
- Chairperson: Prof. Ronan Killeen, Consultant Radiologist,
- Email: RP.Killeen@st-vincents.ie