The Research Ethics Committee (REC) of St. Vincent’s Healthcare Group (SVHG) is a recognised Ethics Committee, tasked with the review and consideration of clinical trials nationally, and research projects which are proposed to take place in any one of the group hospitals. In addition, the REC will consider and provide ethical opinion for research studies for Our Lady’s Hospice, Harold’s Cross; Blackrock Hospice and St. Columcille’s Hospital, Loughlinstown.
This Committee operates and is constituted in compliance with the European Communities (Clinical Trials on Medicinal Products for Human Use) Regulations 2004 & ICH GCP guidelines.
Studies requiring Ethics approval must be submitted by email and by way of advance application to the REC.
Please see below Ethics Committee meeting schedule for 2023.
|REC MEETINGS & APPLICATION WINDOW 2023|
|REC MEETING||APPLICATION WINDOW|
|1st February||9th December – 6th January|
|8th March||13th January – 10th February|
|12th April||17th February – 10th March|
|3rd May||17th March – 14th April|
|7th June||21st April – 12th May|
|6th September||14th July – 11th August|
|4th October||3rd August – 24th August|
|8th November||22nd September – 13th October|
|6th December||20th October – 10th November|
Research Study documentation suite: * denotes mandatory document
- Standard REC Application Form
- SVHG Research Study Registration Form *
- Sweetheart Sample Study REC Application Form
- PIL combined with Data Confidentiality Agreement *
- Data Confidentiality Agreement – PIL Addendum
- Research Study Information & Assent
- Procedure Form Radiological Component of Research Project Assessment
- Amendment Notification Form
- Clinical Trial Indemnity Form
- Research Study Checklist Declaration Signatory
- PIL and GDPR Form
It is the responsibility of the Principal Investigator to ensure their study is compliant with all applicable legislation. All approved study documentation must be retained by the Principal Investigator/ Study Team for review and audit purposes.
For the further information please see below Key Roles in the Governance and Management of Health Research from HSE.
Key Roles in the Governance and Management of Health Research – HSE | Research & Development (hseresearch.ie)
Due to the high value of all Studies requiring Ethics approval must be submitted by email only, by way of advance application to the REC.
Research Ethics Committee Department:
- Chairperson: Professor Carel Le Roux – Consultant Chemical Pathologist
- Ethics Office: Ms. Justyna Wardell,
- Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel: 01-2214117
- Contracts Department;
- Ms. Sue Canny, Email:email@example.com