The Research Ethics Committee (REC) of St. Vincent’s Healthcare Group (SVHG) is a recognised Ethics Committee, tasked with the review and consideration of clinical trials nationally, and research projects which are proposed to take place in any one of the group hospitals. In addition, the REC will consider and provide ethical opinion for research studies for Our Lady’s Hospice, Harold’s Cross; Blackrock Hospice and St. Columcille’s Hospital, Loughlinstown.
This Committee operates and is constituted in compliance with the European Communities (Clinical Trials on Medicinal Products for Human Use) Regulations 2004 & ICH GCP guidelines.
Studies requiring Ethics approval must be submitted by email and by way of advance application to the REC.
Please see below Ethics Committee meeting schedule for 2022.
|REC MEETINGS & APPLICATION WINDOW 2022|
|REC MEETING||APPLICATION WINDOW|
|2nd February||9th December – 6th January|
|13th April||17th February – 10th March|
|11th May||17th March – 14th April|
|8th June||21st April – 12th May|
|7th September||Application Window Closed|
|5th October||Application Window Closed|
|2nd November||22nd September – 13th October|
|7th December||20th October – 10th November|
Research Study documentation suite: * denotes mandatory document
- Standard REC Application Form
- SVHG Research Study Registration Form *
- Sweetheart Sample Study REC Application Form
- PIL combined with Data Confidentiality Agreement *
- Data Confidentiality Agreement – PIL Addendum
- Research Study Information & Assent
- Procedure Form Radiological Component of Research Project Assessment
- Amendment Notification Form
- Clinical Trial Indemnity Form
- Research Study Checklist Declaration Signatory
- PIL and GDPR Form
It is the responsibility of the Principal Investigator to ensure their study is compliant with all applicable legislation. All approved study documentation must be retained by the Principal Investigator/ Study Team for review and audit purposes.
Due to the high value of all Studies requiring Ethics approval must be submitted by email only, by way of advance application to the REC.
Research Ethics Department:
- Ethics Department;
- Ms. Justyna Wardell, Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel: 01-2214117
- Ms. Sue Canny, Email:email@example.com
Research Ethics Committee:
- Chairperson: Prof Carel Le Roux – Consultant Chemical Pathologist
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org